Just like with website credentials and account information, it is important to safeguard your debit card information. Some additional precautions to protect your debit card are listed below:
- Memorize your personal identification number (PIN) and safeguard it in the same way you would a password.
- Avoid writing your PIN down and do not share your PIN with anyone else.
- Monitor your account statements for unfamiliar transactions.
- Report lost or stolen debit cards immediately.
- When making internet purchases, evaluate retail websites to make sure they are secure before you shop, and know who you are doing business with online.
- Never send debit card information by email or text.
- Always log off after completing an online transaction, or close the browser window.